Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why Google will not achieve world domination (and why marble will do so instead)

Just some seconds ago I realized fully that this very blog was not listed in any search engine. This was due to Google's blogspot team being incapable of writing the correct description to a button. Instead of hiding my blog on the front page, the button simply set the NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW tags, which made it impossible for me to google myself!!!!11!!1

This of course doesn't happen in Marble, which can only lead to the correct conclusion that Marble will dominate the world instead.

Besides searching for my own blog I am not idle: I tried to get some opensuse packages for libepub, the library hidden in the ebook-tools which, as the name says, is used to read ebook file formats. There is some support for that in Okular, that's why I decided to make packages for everybody.
Since I am working on some more Okular-related stuff, you will probably hear more about that soon.

6 comments:

Solid Smoke said...

I'm having problem with my blog too (solidsmoke.blogspot.com). How do I fix this?

SaroEngels said...

go into settings/Basic/"Add your blog to our listings?" and put Yes into it. you will see that the meta link will go away...

Solid Smoke said...

Thanks. But my blog had Yes for both 'show in listings' and 'search engines'. So I turned them to 'No', saved it, and changed back to 'Yes' and saved again.
Not sure if it worked. I can still see 'NOFOLLOW' when I open the page in a browser and show source.
But your blog also seems to have NOINDEX and NOFOLLOW in the source (I'm no css/xml expert so can't dissect).

Thanks again.

Solid Smoke said...

Oh.. it worked. My blog is now listed by Google. Thanks.

Kevin Kofler said...

Funny you talk about ebook-tools, because we just got it packaged for Fedora. :-)

Anonymous said...

I knew the Metin2 gold so I always try my best to earn them more and more to make myself strong. I have never played the game before, at the beginning I did not know what is so I went to kill the monsters with the Metin2 yang that I earned with myself in the game. I will duty bound to a friend to help brush the Cheap metin2 yang together with my friends. I spend a good relationship is then fly to tears. If my levels are very high, I can go to Buy metin2 gold more and more and I will not depend on my friends to help me to earn them. I get some Cheap metin2 gold as the gifts to encourage me.